How Can We Help?
How to enable email notification of PaperVision Capture errors
A useful feature of PaperVision Capture is the ability to receive an email notification from a PaperVision Capture service when the service encounters an error. By default, these errors are written only to the Windows event log, but with email notifications enabled, users can also be directly notified of problems in their PaperVision Capture environment.
Enabling email notifications requires a few modifications to the logging settings for each of the PaperVision Capture services: Process Initiator, Process Worker, Gateway Server, and Data Transfer Agent. Also, an SMTP server is required for email notifications.
Follow these steps to enable email notifications for PaperVision Capture services:
- Open the configuration file for a PaperVision Capture service in Notepad. These configuration files are usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Digitech Systems\PaperVision Capture. The following is a list of applicable configuration files:
- Find each of the “listener” sections (in each configuration file, there is a listener section for each category of error) in the configuration file. Here is an example:
- To enable email notifications, in all of the listener sections, change:
- Once email notifications are enabled, the settings for these notifications must be modified. Find the following line:
- Within this section, find smtpServer=”127.0.0.1” and change the IP address to the IP address of your SMTP server
- Find smtpPort=”25” and change the port to the SMTP port being used by the SMTP server
- Find toAddress=”[email protected]” and change the email address to any email address to which these notifications must be sent; multiple email addresses can be specified by separating them with a semi-colon (;)
- Find fromAddress=”[email protected]” and change it to the email address from which these notifications will be sent
- Save and close the configuration file
- Restart the service for the changes to take effect (No services need to be restarted for changes made to the Process Worker.)