Cloud-based document processing service for your applications
ABBYY® Cloud OCR SDK is a web-based document processing service that will enhance your enterprise software systems, SaaS platforms, or your mobile apps with the ability to convert documents and utilize textual information from scans, PDFs, document images, smartphone photos, or screenshots.
Combining ABBYY’s latest AI-based technologies for information extraction with the highly scalable processing power of the Microsoft® Azure® computing infrastructure, this secure and reliable ABBYY cloud service can be easily integrated into your application via a REST API—empowering it to precisely convert virtually any number of pages within the shortest amount of time.
To provide your applications with a state-of-the-art, worry-free document processing service, the ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK offers the advantages of the software development kit ABBYY FineReader Engine in combination with the scalable and flexible computing power of the Microsoft Azure Cloud-Computing Platform.
Access to ABBYY recognition technologies in the cloud
ABBYY’s AI-based technologies for recognition of printed and hand-printed text (OCR and ICR), barcodes, and optical marks (OBR & OMR) accessible via Web API.
Fast conversion into PDF
Highly scalable architecture for fast and accurate conversion of extensive document collections – from scans into searchable PDF or PDF/A files in minutes.
Capturing data from selected fields
Extracts data from pre-defined fields or utilizes ready-to-use data capture algorithms to capture data from business cards or machine-readable zones in ID documents.
Easy integration via REST API
Access to the OCR web service from any part of the world via REST API, utilizing HTTPS POST and GET requests and receiving results in XML or JSON formats.
ABBYY’s intelligent, ready-to-use algorithms are able to detect and extract field information from the following documents:
Detects and extracts data on business cards such as name, surname, position, company name, address, phone number, webpage, and email address and exports the data to a vCard format.
This feature can add value to customer relationship management (CRM) or trade show applications.
Identifies the machine-readable zones (MRZ) on passports and ID cards and extracts the encoded values, such as name, surname, type of document, country of issue, and other information.
This functionality can elevate client onboarding applications or identity verification systems.
How does your application use the ABBYY OCR Cloud service?
FineReader’s Cloud OCR SDK lets you integrate cloud OCR services into any application.
All of FineReader OCR engine’s available features and options are included in the license, which is based on a pre-purchased annual page subscription.
- Cloud OCR SDK is web-based document processing service that enhances customer’s enterprise software systems, SaaS platforms with the ability to convert documents and utilize textual information from scans, PDFs, document images, smartphone photos, or screenshots.
- Cloud OCR SDK is hosted on Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
- Cloud OCR SDK is available as a Pages limited Subscription license only. It allows the usage of unlimited CPU cores.
- The multi-tenant architecture allows several different groups of users to work within the system while having no access to each other’s data and configuration parameters.
- Machine print recognition in 200+ languages
- Handprint recognition (ICR) in 126 languages
- Zone OCR (counts as 1/5 page per field)
- Check mark recognition
- ID Card recognition
- Business card recognition
- Barcode processing
- Rest API
- Input formats: BMP, PCX; DCX, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, DjVu, JBIG2
- Data export formats: TXT, RTF, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, PDF (with a text layer under the original image as well as ‘text and images’ format), PDF/A-1a, XML, ALTO, vCard, CSV