Using OCR with Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Robotic Process Automation applications like UiPath and Blue Prism have revolutionized the way that enterprises provide systems integrations and automate repetitive tasks. For any task that involves data that comes on a document, OCR is needed to fully automate it.
An example RPA OCR workflow using an Accounts Payable Invoice automation would be:
- Bot signs on to Vendor website
- Bot navigates to Invoice Download page and downloads invoice batch pdf
- pdf is handed off to FlexiCapture for Invoices rpa interface for data extraction
- XML is returned to Bot containing header (invoice number, date) and line item data (items, quantities, pricing) for each invoice
- Bot opens accounts payable data entry screen in accounting software
- Data from each invoice is entered and submitted by the Bot
Since rpa simulates the clicks and keystrokes that would normally be made by a human operator, bots are able to interface with any software, database or website regardless of whether an Application Programming Interface (API) has been made available. This gets around the hardest part of most data entry automation processes–the need to write code.
ABBYY FlexiCapture integrates with RPA applications like UiPath and Blue Prism to perform OCR data capture services that can be called directly from a bot's workflow.
ABBYY FineReader Corporate and FineReader Server can be integrated for full-text OCR.
Our OCR experts are also UiPath certified and can deliver end-to-end RPA OCR solutions for your project. Please contact us for a consultation and quote on your robotic process automation OCR project.