Recognition of Barcodes in ABBYY technologies
- the coordinates
- the characters
- character confidence information
- start/stop symbols of different barcode types,
for barcodes of type Code 39 the start/stop symbol is the asterisk “*”
- The barcode value can then be used for file naming.
- This feature is implemented in FlexiCapture projects
- With FineReader Engine, the developers can “cut” the page stream with custom code
- Separation in FineReader Server
- Separation in the ABBYY Scan Station (FineReader Server & FlexiCapture)
Tips for working with barcodes
Barcode recognition quality depends on:
- the barcode print quality
- settings used in the document scanning process
- Placement of the barcode when it is manually added
In order for the barcodes to be recognized well, follow these recommendations:
- A barcode must be separated from other text by a fairly wide white gap.
- Barcode size and the width of its separate bars or dots must meet the following requirements:
- The optimal barcode height is more than 10 millimetres. The size of a barcode should be less than A4 size.
- Barcode height must be higher than the double height of a text line
- For not-square barcodes, their […]